Best of the Falls Church Farmer's Market!

2:08 PM

Today, N and I woke up to beautiful June sunshine, opened his birthday presents (He's 27 tomorrow!) and headed to the farmer's market here in Falls Church. We knew we wanted breakfast and I was hoping for flowers and we were super excited about the endless samples (better than Costco) and the gorgeous colours of produce. Our first stop was Mama's Mini Donuts, which is open all winter long and at 6 fresh, hot doughnuts for $3 you can't beat the "ooooohhhhh" factor. I honestly don't feel very strongly about doughnuts but these are the one thing I get every time I head out on a Saturday morning.






 Our next stop was Kate's Crepes, where we shared a ham,swiss, and maple syrup crepe which ran me $8, definitely delicious. I usually go for nutella, strawberries or lemon and sugar but I was so happy about the savoury  option. DSC_0028 If you don't think peonies are flawless, you need to reconsider your stance on them. How perfect is this ligh pink bunch? *sighhh* I didn't have the extra cash so I passed on them. When I get my own house though you can bet I'll be saving my change for fresh flowers!
  DSC_0004 
 We had a great morning, sitting on the grass people watching, joking and sharing great food. I am reminded of how blessed I am to have a partner who makes me laugh and to live in this lovely part of the world while I get myself settled. The Falls Church Farmer's Market runs every Saturday from 8 til Noon and it goes all year long. I love this market during every season and encourage you to stop by as well if you're ever in the area. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images