Paleo trip preparations

2:30 AM

So I've always loved, and I mean LOVED food. I have never been shy to try to cook but only now, having found myself in Germany sharing a life and a home with the man I love have I really made cooking a habit.
I've always also struggled with depression and anxiety, they ebb and flow but in the last year my whole life has been uprooted voluntarily and not and I've been under extreme pressure from the biggest changes in my life ever, all within less than a year.
I have toyed on and off with paleo eating- I started thinking about meat quality and the detriments of bread on my body when I did my first Whole30 three years ago. I had changed the way I made food choices but was very far from paleo. My struggles recently have spurred me to finally take the plunge. I've started lifting weights and gone "primal" -I LOVE raw milk dairy my body does so well on it.
Since 2013 the chorus of women preaching that paleo is about nutrition seeking- and not fasting and low carb mania has grown. I am so lucky to have found leaders like Diane SanFillipo, Noelle Tarr, Liz Wolfe and Stefani Ruper. I'm learning to really love and nourish my own body and I'm going to be sharing the foods I love the best and use to nourish our little home.

So, this is not an original recipe but I was invited by my awesome parents to go to Amsterdam for the weekend and I knew I'd have to prepare food for the bread and sugar situation that is eating in Europe with standard American eaters.

I went with Nom Nom Paleo's Spicy Tuna Cakes- recipe here!

 
 
 
On paleo blogs in America, or even the UK people extoll the virtues of EPIC bars and biltong and boy, do I wish I had some of that meat based awesomeness. Here in Germany, veganism is the predominant health focused diet so we get Nakd bars, Raw Bites (European Larabars) and now Rebel Mylk coconut milk drinks. Portable protein is pretty much canned fish, but my body is really happy when it eats fish- maybe its my Swedish ancestry! ;)
 
We don't have kombucha here either, there's something called Carpe Diem but that stuff is just soda pop I wouldn't ever recommend it. I have heard that Amsterdam has plenty of good kombucha in their natural food stores and I'm planning to meet a friend at the Scandinavian Embassy whose kombucha is legendary.
 
I will definitely be updating with my experiences eating paleo in Amsterdam!
 
Hats
 
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images